Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tico Tuesday, July 27th

Here is the project for the rest of this week! Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'll be heading up to México de Upala (a village on the border with Nicaragua) with 25 people from South Carolina and some other folks from CCI. We'll be helping the church we work with there continue the construction of their new church building! Last year when we went the church was stuffed! We talked about expanding the current church, but God provided a wonderful new lot that won't get so flooded. A 16 year old girl inherited it and decided to give it to the church. What an amazing blessing! We'll also be having clothing distribution, activities for the kids on Saturday and Sunday and few doctors there too.

On Monday I leave for a wild 3 week tour of the States! Thanks for praying for all safe travels and everything that happens in the meantime. (I'm going to be seeing some people I haven't seen in a long time and having some pretty big conversations...)

Have a joy-filled rest of the week!

Carrie


oh yikes, I didn't post this past week. I mean to post twice a week, but as you can tell that doesn't always happen. Life is busy, I tend to pack my weekends especially full. Thankfully they are three days long so on Mondays I can do laundry and straighten my room and try to be helpful around the house. Saturday I was overcome by a cleaning urge though. I should clean like that more often. The mold on our shower curtain was really starting to gross me out, and the not so white tile was making me feel like maybe my feet weren't getting so clean. So, I had at it with a scrubby and cleaner. And yesterday I bought shower spray. So, hopefully that won't happen again.

After attacking the bathroom I hit my room too. I decided to sweep my closet floor, and found... moldy shoes!!! :-( it was really gross!!! I should probably throw them out, but the mold did come off with windex and I'm leaving them in the sun to make sure they get nice and dry. Along with the shower spray I also bought a little thingy with flakes to dehumidify my closet some. So hopefully the mold won't return. I should just buy some new shoes. The pairs that got moldy have been around for at least 5 years now.... and I can't find the little box of Costa Rican souvenirs I use when I set up a table for missionary stuff... >:-( I thought I had it with me... but maybe it's in my brother's house?

Yeah, I'm trying to pack for the trip to Upala and pre-pack for the trip to the States! Hopefully more soon/later, but the next few weeks will be pretty wild! Whatever you do, just please keep praying!

No comments: