Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tico Tuesday, April 19th

Today I got to go visit the kids from the Bible Home at camp. As I was getting ready to leave this morning, I asked myself if I should grab a bathing suit.... just in case. I knew there was a pool there, but I wasn't sure if I would have the opportunity to get in, and if it was just going to be full of splashing kids and I wouldn't be able to actually do anything, I'd rather not risk losing my contacts. So I thought. And surely people there didn't know me well enough or have enough confidence with me (How would you say that in English?) to just throw me into the water. So the suit stayed at home, and oh! How wrong I was!! About everything! There was opportunity, and whether I could actually swim or not, getting to be with the kids is so fun and special I would have gotten in if I'd had a suit or a change of clothes. And it turns out though that people do feel comfortable enough to pick me up and throw me in the water -because they DID!!!! I didn't put up much of a fight though and it was useless. Playing with the kids in the water was way better than watching them. And I only got splashed in the eyes once! It was a blast! And thanks be to God, somebody lent me dry clothes. :-) It was a great day!

And I HAVE to share this with you too-this boy that I'm with told me before he got into the pool “My clean heart is going to wash off. But that's ok,” as he put his hand to his chest, “because I'm still going to have one here!” That is what happened at camp! God is so AWESOME!!!

Love,

Carrie

No comments: