Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tico Tuesday, October 15th

A Taste of Fall
Fall is one of the things I miss most about the States, especially since, unlike Shredded Wheat, you can't just beg someone to send you some in a package. But, it can sort of come with someone on a plane. Allow me to explain...
This weekend I had the opportunity to house sit for some fellow missionaries here because the wife's mom came to visit and they all went to the beach. This family is from the north as well, so they miss fall too. But, the dear visiting mother brought some beautiful REAL leaves and pretty fall placemats. I can't go to the foliage, but indirectly, it came to me!
Yes, I got excited about 7 leaves taped to a window. They were a real blessing to me. And the juxtaposition with the banana plants and other tropical vegetation in the background was just too wild. God shows up in the most amazing ways sometimes... Hopefully someday, somehow, I'll get to soak in some foliage and go apple picking again and all those wonderful autumny things.
In the meantime, I appreciate your prayers. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by all my schoolwork, working out plans for my trip to the Carolinas for seminary next month, keeping the mold off my walls since my dehumidifier broke, and several other things. In the meantime, God is pulling at me over and over again, reminding me to seek Him, to put Him first, to take time for Him. And it's true. It's so easy to squeeze Him out and give him the leftovers (which is never much). Just an honest missionary girl confession. But when I do take the time to be with Him... it's so beautiful and satisfying! Please pray for proper use of time and for great productivity so I can do everything I need to! Thank you so much!
Love, 
Carrie

No comments: