Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tico Tuesday, December 6th

The other day one of the small group facilitators wrote to me, ecstatic about the experience her group had at supporting our church's biweekly ministry to the homeless. They brought the food, led the singing, and spent time pouring love into those who came. The small group facilitator sent me pictures, including this one, and several of her small group in action. Then she included several screenshots from their group chat, in which multiple members expressed the joy of serving together, how happy they are to know each other and be part of a spiritual family together, all sorts of warm, fuzzy feelings. The facilitator's joy brought me joy, and it was beautiful to see how God has been working in this group. This facilitator is one who came to most of the trainings we had this year and I can tell she has really been trying to put it all into practice. This is one of the greatest small group success stories I've heard this year and I thank the Lord for what he's been doing!
Another small group facilitator and I were texting recently as well, and he was among the group from my church who was able to go help with relief efforts from Hurricane Otto. He is planning a special gathering to share with his small group what God did in that time. He shared a testimony with me: the day they left, the team had a light breakfast. They had brought some food to eat later, but gave it to the people they were serving because they had nothing. The team ended up not eating again till the evening after a very hard day's work: and the Lord sustained them and gave them energy all day. He told me he wasn't even hungry that night. As he told me that, a verse came to mind: Jesus said, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me" (John 4:34). I believe serving others was the food of my brothers and sisters from church that day, and it was a beautiful act of worship to the Lord, and God rewarded them in multiple ways beyond their comprehension and mine.
Praise the Lord for his ways and his works!
Carrie

No comments: