Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tico Tuesday, July 24th

Today I'm going to brag on a couple that is facilitating a small group. These people and their creativity blow me away. Their love language must be gift giving because every week they have something adorable, and special for their small group that ties in with the topic of discussion for the night. Cookies, candles, picture frames, special cards, badges, you name it. Their group members never know what awaits them! Sometimes it's wrapped, sometimes it comes with a verse, sometimes it relates to something mentioned in the sermon over the weekend.
This week, as he was preaching about service, Rudy mentioned that everyone wears the jersey number 10. (Soccer fact: the player that wears the number 10 jersey is the best on the team.) So, Rudy was saying that we are all important and no one's service is better than another's. While you may not be able to see it, each card in the picture has the team "lineup" (names of the small group members) and the number 10 next to each one. The facilitators texted me yesterday morning and told me they'd been wracking their brains since they heard the sermon on Saturday night. Thankfully, it didn't take them long to execute their idea, since their group met last night. I love it when facilitators take extra time to pour into their group members. It brings me such joy and just makes all my hard work feel worth it. I thank and praise God for what he's doing in the small groups at my church!
Please pray especially as we are launching a new series "40 Days of Prayer" and so things are crazy again with promotion and selling materials and opening new groups, etc. It's nice that I have more experience under my belt with this now, but there's still a LOT of work to be done! Pray for the groups, for more new ones to open, and for God to do great things in each one!
Your service to God is valuable too! Thank you!
Carrie

No comments: