Friday, August 27, 2010

The latest epiphany!!

I just had a cool realization/revelation, and the credit definitely goes to God.
I love my parents SO MUCH! (that's not the epiphany, I've known that for my whole life). I love to tell my parents that I love them. Sometimes we end up e-mailing multiple times a day and I still close every one communicating my love for them. I have a few different ways of saying it, but I never get sick of telling my parents I love them. The phrases I use are a bit limited and I don't always have the time to come up with something creative simile like "Love you like ripe red raspberries love dark chocolate" or the more tacky "love you till Niagara runs dry." But, regardless of how I say it, I know my parents NEVER get sick of me telling them (how much) I love them. (and I sure never get sick of their continuous "I love you"s either!!)
and BOOM! Here's the epiphany: God is like that too!!! So often I feel like my little earthly words are not enough, are not worthy of him. It's like that one (and I think only) hit by Ben Glover "26 letters"- it's all we've got to tell God how awesome He is. Now, please, I'm not bashing the English language, or Spanish or any language. It's an amazing thing, but I'm willing to say it is a finite thing that finite people use for the One, True, Infinite GOD. And so often I feel like words can never be enough. Well, they can't. But just as Mommy and Daddy never get sick of hearing me say "I love you so much!" I am convinced that God never gets sick of me telling him "I love You, I praise You, Holy are You, Lord, Glory to Your Name!" Because God is all about being praised, worshiped and glorified! Isn't that great?
Just wanted to share that with you all... :-D

1 comment:

Smitti said...

Yer sorta sweet, ya know?
LYL
dd0