Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tico Tuesday, February 22nd

Who is this and what did he do to have the honor of being highlighted in a Tico Tuesday? This, mis amigos, is Mr. Steve Johnson, the president of the Latin American Mission. This past weekend we had a retreat of all the LAM missionaries from Costa Rica (plus some friends from Honduras and Perú) to learn what is up in the LAM these days and have some time to share together. Steve shared a lot with us about the LAM, who we really are, what we do and where we are going. I really admire Steve's vision and leadership! I'm really excited about all this! God put me in one amazing organization! (Feel free to ask me any questions about it!) And, it was nice to hang out with these people I don't get to see often enough. One of the highlights was definitely the soccer game! Yes, a whole bunch of gringos (plus a brasiliano, a tico, and a panameño and some other semi-Latin people) mejengueando was quite a sight to see, I'm sure. It was a blast though. The other highlight is on the blog!

Have a great rest of the week!

Carrie

Yes! Heather and I got to brush out teeth together again! (Ever since college I've had this thing with toothbrushing. I think I might have mentioned it in another post a long time ago. but this is funny, I was looking for the picture to post and couldn't find it. Then I remember I even had a folder just for toothbrushing pictures. No wonder! Jajaja! I can't believe I'm posting this horrible picture on the internet!). We first met as roomies at LAM orientation in June 2008. Ever since I have been waiting for us to be together in Costa Rica. She came with us to Manuel Antonio the other weekend, but it was really fun to be together in an LAM environment again too. So, Heather and I haven't

spent a ton of time together, but we get along really well and enjoy what time we do share. Her life keeps having some kind of major change take place every 6 months, and she is due for another one in June now, so you can pray for grace, wisdom and strength for her. Thanks!

No comments: