Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tico Tuesday, June 14th

Do you remember when that mall used to be a field? When that housing development used to just be plain, open space? I've always had a hard time visualizing stuff like that- like I can't even remember what places were like before they got all built up. But, it is very easy for me to look at Los Guido and see what very recently was just vacant, green mountainous Costa Rican landscape. I got to make my first real trip into Los Guido last week. I'd technically been there once before, but it was pretty much a quick drive in drive out kind of deal. This time I got to take lots of pictures to send to some one who is helping us develop promotional materials for Roblealto's new child care center, which we are going to build in Los Guido. The poverty there is impressive. The houses are built out of wood, corrugated metal and anything else the people could find. There is a ton of trash everywhere. I think maybe next week or the following I will get to go back again and actually get to talk to some people that live there. I'm looking forward to that!
Love,
Carrie

More to come later this week!

No comments: