Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tico Tuesday, June 7th

This is my friend Carmen. She is the Coordinator of Christian Education at Roblealto. Sometimes she rides with me back from work. Carmencita is a very busy lady. She planned the camp for moms we had last weekend and she was in charge of Roblealto's Annual Worship Service that we had this past Friday night. The service wasn't a typical worship service. It was more like an evening of fellowship, prayer and worship. It was really neat. We split up into groups to pray for all of Roblealto's different programs (Child care centers, the Bible Home, etc), talked about what it means to serve in Roblealto, and had a lovely time singing to the Lord. There was also a speaker that reminded us of the importance and blessing of giving. We should ask ourselves what can we give or offer and not what can we get out of things. It's very counterintuitive and countercultural, but that is what Jesus calls us to do and He will always give us the grace to complete whatever He wants us to do. When it was over Carmen, the Christian Ed director of the Bible Home and I were especially exhausted because I think we were the only ones who were at both the camp for moms and the service. Thank God for a relaxing rest of the weekend! More on the blog!
May God fill each of us with His presence this week!
Carrie

I slept more this weekend than I have in... I don't even know how long. It was desperately needed though. I had been on the go pretty much constantly since before my trip to the States. And oh how nice it was to not have any plans but watching the French Open and going to church! I even got to be home by myself most of Saturday afternoon! It was so nice to journal, catch up on some e-mails and just relax and not have to be anywhere!! I'll confess it was hard to pull myself away from the Nadal/Federer final in order to go to church, but I was really excited to go back since I hadn't been since before my trip. And now with AWANA at the Bible Home every other weekend, I'll only be able to make it to church every other week. That's ok though. I'm so excited to share more with the kids at the Bible Home and get to bond with them more and have more meaningful relationships with them!
Oh, today I was in one of the houses because I needed the kids to make thank yous for the camps who are going to partner in mission with Roblealto this summer. So the kids were all drawing at the dining room table and it was just precious! I had little Hillary (one of my personal favorites) on my lap. She did was Ezra likes to do too- copy another picture. She did a great job! All the other kids were drawing and coloring too, showing off their creativity.... and ability to write "love" in English. :-) It was so adorable. And how wonderful for those kids to be able to be kids and color and create and set aside the cares of their lives! Thank God for places like the Bible Home that get children out of at risk situations that force them to grow up too quickly. Now they don't have to worry about Daddy coming home drunk, or how long Mommy will be out, or if a strange man will come to the house again or if someone will mistreat them, etc. And at the Bible Home (and our child care centers) the children are not only protected, but they are also taught about God and His love. And we work with their parents too in order to restore and strengthen the family. It's just so wonderful! Can you see once more why I am so honored and thrilled to be a part of this ministry?

No comments: