Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tico Tuesday, September 13th

The past few weeks I've been heading over to El Manantial, one of our child care centers after work on Tuesdays to translate for Dee as she teaches moms to make chocolate cakes in mugs in the microwave. Dee and her husband are new "finisher" missionaries with the LAM and are wonderful people who are very supportive of Roblealto. I'm really enjoying getting to know Dee better and working with her. We make a great team! Each week I've been meaning to take pictures of the cake making workshop, but I get so busy helping and microwaving that it just totally slips my mind to document the experience. So, what you see in the picture is the only remains and proof I have of the happy experience. I know the activity in itself is much more important than the documentation, but you know I like you to see what goes on in my life. :-)
The recipe is on the blog!
Have a great rest of the week!
Love,
Carrie

3 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug (by Dee)

In a MICROWAVE SAFE mug mix
1/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c chocolate baking powder (or sweetened chocolate powder/hot cocoa mix and less sugar)

In a separate bowl mix
1 egg
3 tbs milk
3 tbs vegetable oil
a few drops of vanilla

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. It helps to make a hole in the dry ingredients or push them to the side so the liquid ingredients will fit. Stir well, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom so everything is evenly mixed. Add a generous tablespoon of chocolate chips. (They don't need to be stirred in since they'll sink to the bottom anyway). Microwave on high for 3 minutes and enjoy!

Dee always has me make the example for everyone and then we sample it. It turns out different every time, so feel free to play around with it. The cake will rise out of the mug in the microwave, but doesn't spill down the sides. Huzzah for delicious fun!

No comments: