Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tico Tuesday, September 6th

Hello dear ones!
As I mentioned in my Chronicle, I got to lead an inductive study of John 15 in the devotional at work on Friday morning. We have devotions every Friday (and the last Friday of each month we have a birthday party). This trimester for July-September I'm on the committee with a fellow worker. We had to rearrange some plans and ended up with an open Friday. So I seized the opportunity to do something I LOVE to do with others- a manuscript Bible study! We pulled out the colored pencils and basked in the Vine, making observations, asking questions and asking God what He would have us take away from this passage and apply to our own lives. It was really neat.
I've studied the passage a couple times before, but I love how God shows us something different each time. And in a group setting, the discussion is always unique! This time, as I prepared and studied the passage on my own, it blew me away how much our relationship with Jesus is like His relationship with the Father. He loves us as the Father loves Him. WOW!!! And, we are to love others with that same love! Yikes! Talk about a tall order! But, as we abide, obey and love Him, that love will indeed flow through us and our joy will be complete. Love it!! So, as we repeated at the InterVarsity Fall Conference where we studied this passage I'll say to you: I don't know about you, but I'm stayin' in the Vine!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: