Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tico Tuesday, February 28th

Friendship is an incredibly special gift. On Saturday, I had the opportunity of seeing one of my best friends from junior high and high school. I don't keep in touch very closely any more with many people from that era of my life these days.
In fact, Marsha and I hadn't even really been in touch over the past few years- we were even having a hard time remembering when we last saw each other! But, when we were together again, the time didn't matter. Marsha and I first bonded over Anne of Green Gables (She's Anne and I'm Diana and we're bosom buddies as long as the sun and moon shall endure. I think she's a lot more like Anne than I am Diana, but that's beside the point.) We also happened to be pretty much the only Christians in our 8th grade class. We shared many the happy lunch times together... oh the memories! We have both changed and grown in many ways over the past few years, but we are still so happy to laugh, talk, be silly, hula hoop and serve one another and others. We were thrilled just to be TOGETHER! I am so thankful to God for blessing me with this friend!
I challenge us all this week to write to or call an old friend that we haven't been in touch with very much lately. Imagine the joy we can bring!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: