Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tico Tuesday, February 7th

Whew! Enough happened in this week, if not this day for a whole new Chronicle! Do I tell you about the lovely breakfast we had last week that honored those of us who work in development for Roblealto? They gave me a really adorable mug! Or do I tell you about the special family day at the Bible Home with its fun games, not so fun sunburn, yummy lunch and time for sharing with children and parents? Do I tell you about the fun translation night we had last night and how much I enjoyed not only interpreting for the volunteers, but getting to know the children of my dear Eden house better? Or what about getting to see my sweet Fanny and her siblings today? Or Anielka passing her social studies exam so she can officially start classes on track tomorrow? (The school year here is from Feb-Dec) Or one of our new arrivals coming up to greet me very cordially and respectfully- twice! What about all those wonderful volunteers that are painting almost the entire school inside and out in less than a week? And the rest of the volunteers that are siding the Arco Iris house and putting up wallboard? God has sent us some wonderful workers! Have I worn you out yet? Speaking of wearing out, I could also tell you about my 2.5 hour bicycling adventure that took me much higher and closer to the (dormant/inactive) Barva volcano than I expected. Well, I guess not too much is going on here. ;-)
Thanks to all of you who shared about your favorite hymns with me last week. I really enjoyed that!
May we be the hands and feet of Jesus this week and always!
With great love and appreciation for you all,
Carrie

No comments: