Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tico Tuesday, March 13th

We're going to the circus!!!
The children from the Bible Home and I are going to camp in 18 days and I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Many of them can't wait either. :-) This weekend was the pre-camp leader training/retreat. We had a blast making funny circus presentations, learning songs for camp, previewing some of the special activities we'll be doing at camp and more! This year's theme is El Circo de Oro (The Golden Circus), with lots of inspiration coming from the
Butterfly circus. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! We'll be working on the virtues/themes of friendship, trust, care and perseverance (and they all happen to start with "C" in Spanish). Friendship is tied to clowns, trust to the flying trapeze artists, care to tightrope walkers and perseverance to jugglers. I love how in the picture we're all wearing ridiculous circus-y things, sitting on playground balls and very studiously going over the virtues just mentioned. If you can't tell, I'm the one with a flamingo on my head. jajaja! Please join me in praying for the 7 pre-teen girls who will be in my cabin and my 2 awesome teenage co-leaders. We are SO EXCITED and want to make camp a special, life-changing experience for our girls. Please pray for God to prepare their hearts and to prepare us too!
The theme verse for camp is Luke 10:27, "And he answered, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.'"
Let this be our desire and goal each day!
With love and thanks,
Carrie

No comments: