Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tico Tuesday, March 20th

Happy Tuesday everyone!
As many of you saw on facebook yesterday, I'm celebrating 3 years of service as a missionary here in Costa Rica. I thank God for His faithfulness, goodness and for everything He's done in, through and around me. And thank you so much to all of you for your prayers, encouragement, support and friendship. There's no way I could do this without you! And what better way to celebrate than to go to one of my favorite places this past weekend, Isla Venado! Isla Venado is a very special place to me. It has been sort of like another home in that I know I'm always welcome there, I'm loved and there is a certain consistency to life there. Life doesn't change quite so drastically, at least not very often or quickly. And it's a total escape from the rest of life. No internet, I typically leave my phone with my backpack, and after lunch doña Epi sends me straight out to rest in a hammock in the shade. I really needed a rest this time around and could not have been happier to nap, be still and feel so relaxed I couldn't move. This trip one of my friends from work and her mom came along with me. I was thrilled to share a wonderful weekend with them!
May we all make time to stop and relax this week!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: