Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tico Tuesday, February 26th

Happy Tuesday!
Wow, lately I've felt like I could write a whole Chronicle every week! Life is indeed full, and though I've been burning the candle at both ends, I've really been enjoying it. For the most part. This past week included another fun party with volunteers, a special Family Fun Day at the Bible Home, the LAM hymn sing, a trip to the Poás volcano (3rd time wasn't a charm. I have yet to see the crater!), and getting to see Les Miserables again.
 The not so enjoyable part of this week was realizing that my fate is sealed: my driver's license expires March 10th and there is no way under the sun I can renew it without a valid residency card. (Trust me, I've tried.) Migration asked for more papers last week, so after another 4 hours of waiting to hand in the papers, I was told to wait another 90 days. I'm terribly fed up with this. In May it will have been a year and a half since I started this whole renewal process. My first residency card was only good for two years! It's outrageous. And, Migration employees treat people like cows and the whole system is ridiculously inefficient. Anyway, after I got my bad news, I visited with one of the house moms from the Bible Home. We prayed together and God gave me a lot more peace about all this. It is horrible and I hate it, but he is in control and this is a good reminder of my need for God and to trust him in every area of my life. (I'm more upset about the principle and injustice than I am about not being able to drive for a few months.) Please pray for Migration to not ask for anything else and for everything to come together in May so I can get my new card as soon as possible and be able to renew my license without any hassle!
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Carrie

No comments: