Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tico Tuesday, June 4th

Hello!
This weekend was a blast. It took hours and hours of preparation over the past few weeks, but being with the children whose moms were at Camp for Moms and caring for them, snuggling with them, getting back rubs from them, hosing them down each morning and leading the devotions and Bible lessons for them was an amazing experience.
To be honest, I was having such a good time, I didn't want it to end! I'd met many of these kids before, when I used to work with volunteers in the Int'l Development Office, or I'd at least read about them and written their entrance and progress reports for their sponsors. I'd met this cutie-pie before since she's come to the Bible Home a couple times on special family days to be with her brother. This picture is a year old now, and my has she grown! I met 3 other girls who have brothers at the Bible Home too. I ran into these brothers before leaving on Friday and asked if they had any messages to send to their sisters. Both sets of brothers sent their love to their sisters. When I met their sisters, I passed their messages, and the girls sent similar ones in return. It was so adorable! I was thrilled to meet these girls. I hadn't even known they existed until last week! It gives me a different perspective on their families and makes me want desperately for the families' conditions to improve and for the treatment plan to be completed so these brothers can be reunited with their sisters and moms again! And it makes me think... the boys are at the Bible Home for a reason, but surely these girls have had similar life experiences. They are siblings after all! It makes me wish I could have more of a relationship with these girls. Maybe I can send them notes with their brothers when they go home for the weekend on Friday...
God bless you and your family this week!
Carrie

PS The latest with Migration is that, there really isn't anything new. I spoke with my contact on the inside today and I guess the meeting on Friday with her boss went well. They are supposed to meet again tomorrow (Weds). I hope and pray this would be with the idea of making a resolution about my case. Please keep praying for things to keep marching forward and for a positive resolution asap!

No comments: