Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tico Tuesday, February 12th

Hi Everyone!
So, I'm really trying to not let this become a habit, but yesterday was just too full to squeeze a Tico Tuesday in. I ended up working again, so that caused a change in a few other plans. But, the workshop we had on our model of discipline was a very good investment of time, so I have no regrets.
This past Friday we combined a pizza party with our first group of volunteers of the year with our annual welcome bonfire. So, it was a very full, fun night. During the pizza party part, a group of girls did an interpretive dance to "Follow You" by Leeland. The volunteers were very touched to have the girls perform to a song in English. They did a great job! Then, in the bonfire, each house did a special presentation. Some sang, some did interpretive movement, one house had the mom dress up like an old granny and tell a story, etc. It was a lot of fun. I interpreted for the volunteers as necessary like I usually do at pizza parties. Opportunities to interpret are always a highlight!
2 other quick notes (life has been so full I could write a Chronicle every week!). 1) This weekend, I had to say a sudden good bye to my Filipino friends here. Due to circumstances outside their control, they are leaving the country this week instead of in May. I am sad to see them go. Please pray for them in their current transition and further transitions that will come in a few months as they return to the Philippines and determine their new assignment. 2) The Pioneer Girls ministry at my church in Maine invited me to be their special speaker via Skype for their Father/Daughter Cake Decorating Contest on Monday.  That was a really neat, fun opportunity. Let me know if you ever want me to speak or tune in to something via Skype! Also, the contest inspired me: yesterday I mentioned the idea of decorating cakes for a Bible Club to my director and she thought it was a great idea! I'll let you know how that comes together!
May God fill you with his peace and surround you with his love this week!
Carrie

No comments: