Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tico Tuesday, February 5th

Hey Everyone,
Happy day-after-Tuesday to you! I ended up in San José for a couple meetings yesterday and had to take care of several other important errands and some homework last night. As you can see, life is flying full speed ahead once more. My semester has started, we just had our first meeting for camp, I made a quick trip to Isla Venado since I hadn't been in 7 months, I've started meeting with my mentor for Mentored Ministry (part of my seminary requirements), and that was all just in the past week! Today I had to go in to work for a workshop all day, so thankfully I am off the rest of the week to catch up on my studies and maybe put away the laundry I washed on Friday...
Delicious Rice and Shrimp dish at Isla Venado!
I'm taking a class this semester called Spiritual Formation. I'm really excited about it. I know I have a hard time saying "no" to people, and I love to be busy and social. But all too often, I let time at the HB, time to study, time to run, time to have a social life, time to grocery shop and cook and clean all invade my time with God, instead of having my time with God permeate everything else I do. I am excited to develop a more intentional, focused life and deepen my relationship with God. Not that I need a class to do so, but I'm sure it will be extremely beneficial to me. It never hurts to have some extra motivation. So, I appreciate your prayers for me over the course of this semester.
May God draw each of up into a deeper relationship with him this week!
Carrie

No comments: