Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tico Tuesday, May 12th

Happy Tuesday from South Carolina!
Thanks be to God, I had smooth travels up to the States from Costa Rica. I spent the weekend in Charleston, SC, and was able to spend some time with a couple cousins. Sunday, I spoke at a church just outside Charleston and was very grateful for the opportunity to be able to share what God has been teaching me. To keep it interesting, I used a Disney illustration: Aladdin asking Jasmine if she trusts him. Over the last few months, I've felt like Jasmine. God has been asking me, "Do you trust me?" He is standing there on the edge of the magic carpet inviting me to go on a new journey with him. I find it scary to get off my comfortable balcony, but God has reminded me that trusting him is what truly brings me joy and freedom. And thankfully, God truly is the King of all, not just Aladdin imposing as a prince. I can trust him fully and know that he knows best and is taking care of me. He is the real deal! God has been so faithful and good to me and I am very curious and excited to see how the next chapter in life will play out!
Thank you for continuing to pray for me throughout my journeys: both spiritual and physical (as I fly around)!
May each of us take God's outstretched hand and trust him with our whole hearts.
Love,
Carrie

No comments: