Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tico Tuesday, May 19th

Tuesday greetings to you all from Portland, ME!
The last week was full of fun with family and friends in North and South Carolina. And the highlight? GRADUATING from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary with my Master's of Arts in Religion with a concentration in Christian Care and Counseling! (similar to an MDiv without the Hebrew and Greek) It was a full weekend for the seminary, since Friday afternoon was not only Baccalaureate, but also the dedication ceremony for the new Rogers Hall of Mission. I was able to represent my missions organization there (as it made a donation for the Latin America room to honor the legacy of the Latin America Mission) not only with my presence, but as we closed with people praying in a whole bunch of different languages, I was asked at the last minute to pray in Spanish! What an honor it was!
Graduation was a wonderful ceremony and time of celebration. My mom flew down, and an aunt, uncle, cousin, and my grandma joined us too. Afterwards we all went out to lunch with a couple friends I bonded with in seminary who showed extra kindness to me in my times of residency there.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to get my Master's at Gordon-Conwell. It was a great experience, and though it required a lot of hard work, I know it was worth it. I truly did learn and mature through it all. I feel more confident and better equipped for ministry now. And I will say, it feels SO GOOD to be done!!
Thank you for your continued prayers for me as I step forward into what God has for me!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: