Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tico Tuesday, August 23rd

This past week was a very full one for my church. We had our quarterly 101 welcome class in which over 50 new people officially joined our church, a beautiful Mother's Day party, a meeting of the core leaders of our church, and a family fun weekend with baptisms followed by fun with bouncy castles, ping pong, pool, soccer, volleyball, other activities, and food that completely sold out.
On Sunday we sold over 110 books for the series: over 1.5x what we sold last weekend, which had been our biggest selling weekend so far! The series officially started on Sunday as well, so small groups started using the materials in the series in their meetings last night. We have several new groups opening with this series: some from people who have been part of my church for several years, and others who went to the 101 class last Tuesday night and then filled out the Small Group Facilitator form as soon as it ended. I'm really sensing a need to add to my small group team. There is a lot of work to be done and I can't put too much weight on the two women who are currently on the team with me, and I only have so many hours a week. Please join me in praying about this, and pray for all the facilitators (new and old) and the small groups as we dig into this series, Life-Giving Relationships.
This coming Saturday we have our 2nd to last small group facilitator training of the year and the following we have the 201 class on discipleship, in which I'll be teaching the section on prayer (and the following week I'll likely be teaching on Sanctification for our Bible Basics course). And I'm going to be teaching/leading an activity on Psalm 119 at young adult group this Friday night. And over the next several weeks I'll be visiting and supervising multiple small groups.
My plate is full, but my cup runneth over and I am so grateful and happy to be here and have all these opportunities to share my gifts and passions to help others grow in their relationship with God.
Thank you for being a part of this and for all your faithfulness, generosity, and kindness to me.
May we all continue to use our gifts and passions for God's glory!
Carrie

No comments: