Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tico Tuesday, September 27th

Over the course of the year, I've been wondering whether or not I should stay in this apartment. When I first moved in, I hadn't realized how poorly built it was. I don't think I've shared many of my apartment woes with you, but I've had a few different flooding issues which have led to kitchen cabinets being wrecked, mold growing on my laundry room and bedroom ceiling, and water seeping in under my front door when it rains hard. I wanted to finish out my year contract here, but the issues just got to be too much. My landlords live several hours away and that makes it hard for them to respond to issues well and in a timely manner.
My new apartment! (Before)
I've been keeping an eye on apartments off and on over the course of the year, and on Thursday I discovered one that seemed to fit my criteria. I was able to go and see it that day, a friend was able to accompany me and hear me process everything, and Thursday night I could barely sleep I was so excited about moving! Thankfully, things have worked out well with my current landlords: I only gave two weeks notice, but am moving out in one, so I don't have to pay next month's rent (and might still get some of my deposit back!). My new landlords are excellent! I ended up hanging out with them for two hours on Saturday when we met to talk about dates and review the contract. I am so excited and grateful! This place is well built, is nicer, and I think it's bigger! And it has an electric gate (living with a non-electric gate has been hard, especially in the downpours!) and covered parking! It is in a more central location and my landlords live just behind the apartments. I haven't felt comfortable in my apartment all year, and I already feel more comfortable in the new one! Please be praying for me this week as I am working, packing, and participating in a number of activities and meetings. I am moving on Saturday morning and have small group leader training in the afternoon. It's going to be a full day, but thankfully, I have friends who can help me and a friend is sleeping over tonight and helping me pack.
Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers! I'll let you know how the move went next week! May God guide each of us in all our tasks and the decisions we make!
Carrie

No comments: