Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tico Tuesday, October 25th

I meant to have a little house warming/house blessing/open house in my old apartment shortly after moving in. But that never happened. So, this time around, I decided that it doesn't matter if I don't have everything decorated yet. I'm unpacked and feeling quite settled, and with end-of-the-year festivities fast approaching, I needed to just pick a date and invite people. So I did.
It was fun having a few of my worlds collide: my good friend Liz who is also a UWMer came (with adorable baby Lucía!), and my fellow single missionary friend Kayla (holding Luci in the picture) came too. Everyone else was from church. It was a pretty small crowd, but I was ok with that. It was interesting to see who all showed up. I am grateful. I am so, so grateful. I often feel lonely, but over the past week, God has been speaking to me a lot about that. What I think I need and what God knows I actually need are sometimes very different things. I love knowing people and having lots of friends (and I'll confess I really like being the center of attention). But, I can't have a lot of deep, close friends. It doesn't work that way. And even though I am quite an extrovert, I would rather have one or two close people I can share my heart with than a bunch of shallow friends. I feel like I am starting to develop a couple deeper, closer friendships here, and that means so much to me! It is truly an answer to prayer! Please continue to pray for these relationships to grow.
Sunday evening we had a lovely time: Rudy (my head pastor here) led us in a prayer of blessing for my apartment before he and Luisa had to go and then a few more friends arrived and one brought a guitar, so we had a little time of singing praise to God as well. In between we ate, talked, and played dominoes. It was a really nice evening. God is so good to me and he shows his incredible love for me in so many ways through so many people.
May you see his goodness and love all around you this week!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: