Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tico Tuesday, February 14th

Valentine's Day greetings from Costa Rica!
This past weekend was men's camp. I heard a couple updates about what was happening over the course of the weekend, but I'm not sure much could have prepared me for their return. As the second service came to an end on Sunday, we received the 120ish men who went- an all time record number of attendees. (I think in the past the record had been around 70). The men could hardly wait for the sermon to finish and make their entrance clapping in rhythm and shouting "¡Grande y fuerte es nuestro Dios!" Great and strong is our God! These men were exuberant. Once they all made it to the front of the church we all sang the song "Grande y fuerte es nuestro Dios" and then their families all came and surrounded them, happy to be reunited again, even though they were only apart for a couple days. It was a special, joyful time. God has been moving powerfully in our church the past few weeks and this was clearly a continuation of the same movement of the Holy Spirit. So, why am I telling you all this? Because, in addition to wanting to let you know what's going on in my church, there is a more specific testimony I want to share with you. A man who started attending my church last year, got baptized, and became a small group leader came up to me after the service. He is divorced and no one in his family comes to our church. I think they might even all live in San José. But after the service, though he had no spouse or children there to greet him, his small group came. And that touched the depths of his heart. And it touches mine. That is one of the main things small groups are supposed to be about, and I praise God for it and allowing me to be aware of it. Hallelujah! He is so good!
May he continue to work powerfully in your life! Thank you for being a part of mine and being an instrument of God's blessing to me! ¡Grande y fuerte es nuestro Dios!
Carrie

No comments: