Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tico Tuesday, July 11th

California Greetings to you all!
I am currently at a small group strategic planning conference called Accelerate! that is put on by Saddleback Church. I am learning a lot and really enjoying the planning sessions they give us, as well as getting to know the other people here and how small groups are done at their churches. I'm also getting a lot of the questions I had about small groups answered, which is really, really great. This is a wonderfully productive time, and I'm excited to go back to Costa Rica and start implementing new ideas and action steps.  Thank you so much for all of you who are praying for me specifically while I'm here. Please keep it up!
Quintessential Maine
As I mentioned in my Chronicle, this trip to the States has been one of the best ever. I ended up having a mini reunion with several of my good friends from InterVarsity in college. I hadn't seen some of them in about 10 years! But it was SO GOOD to be together again and share a little bit of what's happened in our lives. It was so special and I am in awe of God's faithfulness and so grateful for all he's done. Not to say life has been easy for any of us, but God is faithful and with us through it all. I can't describe how much it meant to me nor how good for my soul it was to see these friends. What a wonderful gift!
And then I had a week of glorious summer in Maine. It was rich. I saw a few different people and loved getting to share and catch up with people at my church there. But the best part was getting to do life with my parents (including biking, hiking, going to the beach, etc. with my mom) and having some time to just slow down and watch the boats in the harbor, listen to live music on a wharf, play games, and just talk and be together. This trip has been a much needed time of refreshment, rest, and fun (and getting a boost with small groups and all sorts of ideas about church life!). I am very thankful for it. I will be diving in head first when I return to Costa Rica, so please be praying for me as I do so. There are some big things coming up quite soon: including the ministry fair, the next small group training retreat, the next series, etc.
Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support! May God bless you and refresh you with rich times with him and with others!
Carrie

No comments: