Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tico Tuesday, July 18th

Tuesday greetings from Costa Rica once again!

It is good to be back in Costa Rica, but I did have such an amazing time in the States it wasn't as easy as usual to switch back and forth between cultures. I shared at a Sunday School class at my church in Maine, and answering all the questions the kids asked me about Costa Rica really helped me realize just what a different world it is here. It is a joy to serve here, even though it's definitely challenging. Yet I know that every place has its own challenges.
One thing that made it really good to be back here was to see one of my small groups take over Jholy, the evangelistic theater my church runs, for the week. There is a new show at Jholy every week, and this past week they did it all, and they did a great job! I had to be at church Saturday night, but I arrived just in time to catch the second act. I am so proud of this group! Usually it is a challenge to get groups to do some kind of evangelistic activity-- and this group hit it out of the park! Those who didn't act helped with the set, lights, selling snacks, photography, etc. Everyone got involved! And yes, as you can see in the picture, this is a not-so-small group. Conversations are happening about that... :-)
I praise God for all he is doing in the small groups at my church here and thank him for his presence with me everywhere I go. Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. They really do make a difference! I am so grateful to have you journeying along beside me.
May you sense God's presence with you this week!
Carrie

No comments: