Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tico Tuesday, November 21st

Tuesday greetings to you! Last Tuesday I wasn't able to write to you because my eyes had been dilated and everything was blurry. It was my first time seeing an eye doctor here in Costa Rica and he insisted on dilating my eyes. Last week I had a couple of other appointments as well: my orthopedist said I never had to see him about my knee again! Thanks and praise be to God!
We made a Thankfulness Tree at the retreat! (and now the cafeteria has a nice floor & ceiling!)
This past Saturday we had our last small group retreat of the year. It was a fun day of celebration, thanksgiving, growing, and sharing together. Turnout wasn't as great as I hoped, but I know a lot of people are still catching on to the idea that small groups are about being healthy disciples together and not just to do a 6 week study together. The good news is, a lot of my new facilitators came, so they are getting the right DNA/understanding from the get go. I think my biggest challenge right now is raising up a group of community leaders, people who are willing and able to accompany and support other facilitators. I can't oversee them all. It's too much work! So, please be praying with me for that. And please pray for wisdom as my team and I meet next week to evaluate this retreat and year and work on our planning for next year. You can pray for the pastoral team as we meet to evaluate and plan in the coming weeks as well.
Thank you so much for your continued prayers, encouragement, and support. I love to hear from you guys! I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving and enjoy giving thanks with and for people dear to you. I can't express how thankful I am for each of you!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: