Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Miraculous Event and a Few Other Blessings

Miraculous Event
I do my best to keep in touch with my Pastor down in Costa Rica, Rolando. But, I tend not to hear from him very often. I usually have to write him a second time before he actually responds, which is often comes 3-4 weeks after my first e-mail. In a way, it's understandable because he is the very busy senior pastor of a 500+ person church that is continually growing. But, it can also be a little frustrating. I want to communicate well with my readers and supporters so that you all can know what's going on down there. And if I don't have good communication with them, I can't have good communication with you.
So, Rolando had sent me this 48 page document all about Centro Cristiano Internacional Heredia: its strategic location, how it runs, descriptions of all the ministries, etc. I read it on Tuesday. After reading it, I had some questions and just needed some clarification to make sure I understood everything. And I had one question that was REALLY important to me. Seeing as how I'm going to be the coordinator of the missions actions of the church, I think it would be optimal for me to arrive before the annual missions conference. Last year it was in April and I wanted to know when it will be in 2009 so that I can set my deadline for arriving before then. In my long letter of questions I asked that he just answer that one question right away, and the rest could wait. (I am working on sending out more information about me going to Costa Rica and I really want to include the day I want to leave.) My e-mail went to Rolando Tuesday mid-afternoon. Yesterday (Wednesday) about mid-morning I received an e-mail from Rolando - and in it he answered ALL the questions I had asked!!!! I did not expect that!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!
So, the date for next year's missions conference has not yet been set, but he said it will be in late March or early April. Therefore, the deadline I am setting is MARCH 15, 2009! Please join me in prayer that all my support come in and all the little logistical things come together so that I can leave for Costa Rica on that date. This way I will definitely get there before the missions conference. I may even be able to help with some of the final details so that when I help plan it in the future I will have a clue of what to do.

Few Other Blessings
Despite the fact that I spend hours a day on my computer, I am not the most computer savvy person. Well, for this stuff that I am going to send out with more info about me going to Costa Rica, I want to include a pie chart of the breakdown of my support. A lot of people like to know where all the money goes, and I thought a chart would be the best way. Out of all the Microsoft Office programs, Excel and I probably have the most distant relationship. I expected it to take at least an hour for me to figure out the silly thing. Well, God gave Excel a phenomenal understanding of what I desired, because it only took me about 15-20 minutes to figure it out and have it be just the way I wanted it to be!!! He is SO good to me!!!

Yesterday the sun was out ALL DAY!! I was pumped with excitement about hearing from Rolando, setting my departure date, and the ease with which my pie chart was created. And to have relatively warm sunshine made me nigh manic!!! Unfortunately, the weather tends to affect my moods. And even more unfortunately, due to its poor geographic location, it is cloudy all the time in Grove City! So having a really sunny day is very impressive around here and truly a reason for rejoicing. But I know that whether the sun is shining or not, God is good!

No comments: