Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tidbits

I am really enjoying having a blog. I probably could post on it more, but I am already quite busy and I don't know how many people actually read this (at least 10 that I know of, no wait, at least 15. Wow, I guess that's pretty good!). Well, dear readers, thank you for being faithful and caring and taking time to read the things that end up on here. If you don't know or couldn't tell, I am a verbal processor-I have to talk or write things through or else the same thought stays in my head like a lost driver stuck in a rotary. He just goes round and round and doesn't get anywhere. I don't use this as a journal, but I just can't help but process as I write. It's how I work. Bless all you people who listen to me when I talk!!!
So, here are a few things I'd like to share, as in, wow I could have made the May Carrie Chronicle so much longer!

Cousins in Costa Rica!!
My cousin Ian is currently in Costa Rica doing a two week intensive program. I am working on convincing him to study abroad here next spring, but we'll see. I got to see him twice this week. One we just met up and hung out and the second time we had a classic Costa Rican adventure. Samuel (youngest Honduran brother) was asked to play in a concert on Wednesday with an orchestra he doesn't normally play with. They really needed another cello, so he agreed. Well, somehow we were all under the impression that the concert was going to be in the Teatro Nacional. I was really excited because Ian got a tour of downtown San José and was dragged all over the city to everywhere BUT the Teatro Nacional. So this was the perfect chance to show my cousin one of my favorite places that he hadn't been to yet. Well, I am so grateful for my new cell phone because I called Ana at 6 to see if we were going to meet up and she told me the concert was at 7 (not 8 like I'd thought) and it was by La Sabana, the western end of San José. So, Ian and I got to take a taxi and meet up with Ana and things were crazy and I was a little disappointed. But, it worked out. They played a Symphony by Mozart that I recognized. And Samuel was so desperately needed because (he is a much better player than a lot of the other musicians and really because) they played a piece for a soprano and 8 cellos. Josué explained to me that it's like a mix of Bach and Brasilian. Pretty funky. I don't know how the girl could get any notes out her stiletto's looked so uncomfortable. And she couldn't smile either. (I know I wouldn't be able to if I had those shoes on!) Maybe it was a dark piece and she wasn't supposed to smile, but she didn't seem terribly expressive to me. Anyway, after the concert we went out for dinner and hung out. I was SO SO SO glad the Viera kids and Ian got to meet one another. That really meant a lot to me.

Rain!
They say April showers bring May flowers in the States. Well the seasons work a bit differently here. May is the beginning of rainy season. Today I committed the DREADFUL error of leaving home without my umbrella. I had my windbreaker "water resistent" jacket, but that did NOT suffice! I wrang out all my clothes when I got home. And one of the really nice guard men that works at the entry of the condos we live in made me borrow an umbrella to walk the rest of the way home even though I was already looking worse than a drowned rat. I'm going to have to make them cookies or something someday.
Have you ever had the feeling that someone is praying for you about something specific? Like something does or doesn't happen directly as a result of someone interceding for you? That happens to me sometimes. I am convinced that someone is praying hard for me not to get depressed throughout this rainy season. I typically get kind of gloomy and have less energy when it's cloudy and rainy a lot. Granted, there is usually sun in the mornings and I know that helps. And I know in November when it will have been rainy season for 6 months I might not still feel this way. But I know that it IS possible with faith and prayer. God is so beyond weather! I have again been reminded of all my "whether or nots." No matter what, God is ALWAYS worthy of all praise, glory, honor and adoration. And if you happen to be that person praying for me, THANK YOU! You don't have to reveal yourself though you can if you want.
I guess that's enough for now. Thanks for reading. And please know you are always welcome to leave comments or e-mail me. I love hearing what you have to say!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to your writing that God is always worthy of honor and glory! Just wanted to leave you a comment :-). Love you, Carrie, and I'm looking forward to talking with you tomorrow (Sunday).

Smitti said...

I love the Brit term for a rotary, a "roundabout." The generic "Traffic Circle" just curls my hair (and in my case thatsa notta gooda ting, mon.)