Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tico Tuesday, September 22nd

Happy Tuesday!

I hope each of your weeks is off to a good start. Today I would like to feature Jovensus, (the youth group of CCI) and the children of La Carpio. For those who don't know about La Carpio or can't remember, it is basically a ghetto. It is a small space on the side of a landfill next to the dump where all the trash from San Jose goes. Most of the people who live there are indocumented Nicaraguans. Christ for the City has been working there for the last 13 years and God has proved Himself faithful there, but there is still much work to be done. September 9th was “El dia del niño” - so the other Saturday we did an evangelistic/recreactional activity with the kids from La Carpio. We had about 90 kids and it was a fun, hot, crazy, get down and dirty wonderful experience! More pictures and stories will be appearing on the blog! Http://smithcj1.blogspot.com/

Hello faithful blog readers. I am sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not yet able to embellish the brief of Tico Tuesday. :-( I plan on making another Picasa slide show (like the one of my house on the left side bar) with comments on the pictures. But I don't have the time to dedicate to that right now. :-( I am going to do my best to get it up as soon as possible. You know I don't (and won't) do this to you often. My life is a little crazy right now and I just can't quite handle it all. Thanks!

No comments: