Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tico Tuesday, November 17th

Hello hello it's Tuesday once more!!

Remember the last time I had papers spread out all over the dining room table? Well, this time it all those papers just appeared and I didn't have to track them all over the US and Costa Rica! These are 17 letters and a card from my friend who is a teacher at Grove City Christian Academy (in Grove City, PA) and her 17 students!!! What an enormous blessing! It is so great to have a physical reminder that I am loved and that people are praying for me! If you would like to send me mail and bring me such joy, please see the address at the bottom of my signature. :-D To learn more about these adorable letters and see a really good drawing, please visit my blog http://smithcj1.blogspot.com/

God's joy and peace be with you all,

Carrie


I went to visit my friend Megan's 6th grade in February before I left for Costa Rica (while I was still raising support). She was doing a unit on Central America and asked me to share some about the culture there. I went with joy and showed pictures and talked about life and the culture here. It was really fun. At some point this summer I got a whole bunch of handmade postcards from her students with adorable pictures, lots of good questions, and them telling me that they pray for me every week. Now Megan has 17 5th and 6th grade students (instead of 6!) and she did the Central America unit in October, so last week I got a fat envelope with lots of love from PA!! It's fun to recognize last names of professors at the College. There are at least 5 names of professors I had or have heard of. But, I don't want to just identify the children by their parents.

Here are some highlights from these entertaining letters

-Have you ever got yellow feaver?

-Do you have enny pets?

-I'm Ethan and if you're wondering my name first appears in the Bible in (I can't remember where). I think a good passage to go along with missions is Psalms 105:1-7. If you don't have a Bible with you I'll write it out for you “Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.....”

-(Miss Maley gives us tons of homework!)

-Miss Maley doesn't give us too much homework.

-Where do you sleep?

-What is the wierdest animal you have seen where you live?

-I have (I can't remember how many) cats, a beared dragon, and (I can't remember how many) dogs.

-Do you like to swim let me resay it what is your favorite sport?

-Do you get sick of beans and rice and tortilas?

-Have you eaten any food that is better than American food?

-Thank you for your good work down in Costa Rica

-We pray for you all the time

-Your new friend (hopefully)

And here is a sweet picture that a girl named Hannah drew! (The words coming out of its head say "I am very slow")

And the caption reads "I am a sloth hanging on a tree". Isn't that impressive! Everyone here I show that picture to can immediately identify that it's a sloth! I wrote a letter back to the class and a brief note for each student individually. That was really fun! I'm looking forward to visiting Megan's class and meeting all those kids when I'm in Grove City in February!

No comments: