Saturday, December 5, 2009

Adv... Randomness

It's 10pm on a Saturday night. It's been a long week. I've had something at church every night this week and this weekend I have to be in all 3 celebrations to announce stuff. Uf. Ugh. 2 weeks from today I'll be on Isla Venado, getting ready to go to sleep on the floor (on a mattress pad) in Pastor Eladio's house. That will be an adventure! I'm coming to realize that anytime leading up to any big thing at church I'm going to get overwhelmed, tired, stressed, and something will probably go wrong and frustrate me. Maybe I'm making assumptions, but thus far I'm 2 for 2. Maybe that's just because it's my first time doing everything here. That might have something more to do with it, but I'm pretty sure crunch time will always be crunch time, no matter how many times I've been through it before. It's just the nature of the beast. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining because I don't mean to be.
I was going to contemplate Advent and Christmas. I feel like I'm on the verge of getting homesick and I need to sort my thoughts. I think that will be better done in my journal though and not a space quite so public as this. I'll let you know what conclusions I come to though.
I will share this. I adore Richi, one of the pastors here at CCI (the church I attend and serve in). He is one of those people that exudes love. It is so obvious that he cares about people-he really loves them. And he is great at making people feel welcome. I wish he and his family didn't live so far away (they live on the other side of San Jose-2 hours and 3 bus rides away). I told him that he and his wife should have had a son a couple years before their 1st daughter. They would be wonderful in-laws. Jajaja!!! Anyway, I really appreciate Richi (You can see a picture of him in my Thanksgiving album on facebook). I'm looking forward to getting to know him and his family more.
That's all. I'm going to bed. More another time.

No comments: