Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tico Tuesday, January 12th

Tuesday is upon us once more!

Sunday was a very exciting day for me. A friend of mine from Grove City that has also done missions work here in Costa Rica stopped by to visit me and see what my church and life are like!!!

She is serving here for a couple weeks-I'll put the goosebump-giving story of how she got here this time on my blog because it is a little long, for a Tico Tuesday. It meant so much to me to have someone I know from the US come here and see what my life is like! Let me know when you're coming to visit! :-)

Have a joy-filled week!

Carrie


So my friend Rachel was an El-ed (Elementary Education) major at Grove City. She was doing her student teaching at a Catholic school in the area last semester and her supervisor (At Grove City) encouraged her to pursue a chance to speak to the students of the school about her missions work. Rachel served in an orphanage in Honduras for 2 months a couple years ago and she had regularly been coming to Costa Rica to to missions work for several years now. So, she definitely had plenty to share. But, she was a bit hesitant to ask if she could share with her students. Her supervisor continued to encourage her and so she decided to go ahead with it. I think she ended up addressing the whole student body of the school, but that might not be true. Anyway, the students were moved when they heard Rachel share. They decided that she should keep going on missions trips-so they raised $150 for her to go back to Costa Rica!!! We all know $150 isn't enough to buy a plane ticket to get here, but with some of her graduation money, she was able to buy and ticket and come down for 2 weeks! What an incredible blessing! Definitely a "God thing" - each piece of the story fits perfectly. I love it!

And as you recall me talking about Avatar last time, it was so cool to have someone from my "world"of the US come and join my "world" here in Costa Rica. It was really bizarre, but cool. I'm psyched for my friend Brenda to come in April!!

No comments: