Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tico Tuesday, January 26th

Wow was it hard to choose a picture to represent the past week! I had almost 2000 to choose from. The week at camp was amazing: fun, stressful, exhausting, hilarious, hard and sweet all at the same time. And I faced a whole bunch of things I thought I was afraid of and got to do all sorts of new exciting things! I learned a lot, though it was more life lessons than from the actual chapel talks. Those were aimed at an audience a little younger than me (and that's ok, because that was the real audience!). I got to take care of 9 wild but sweet 11-13 year old girls in my cabin and lead my team to 3rd place (out of 6-not too bad, though we were winning at one point during the week). More to come on the blog. I hope to post pictures as soon as I can too. In the meantime you can enjoy watching me fly through the air.

Have a fantastic rest of the week!

Carrie


Wow, where and how to start to tell you about the week of madness at camp? I've already had several conversations, written 2 novels (1 to my parents and 1 to a friend) and journaled for pages. I have never had a more exhausting week before in my life!! It was packed to the brim with activities and fun, and the chapel and devotional times were really good and very well done. The theme of the week was METAMORFOSIS (betcha can't figure out what that is, jajaja!!! j/k). the chapel was all decked out with cardboard greenery, lights, and everything else to make you feel like you're in a garden. There was even a giant chrysalis with a silhouette of a person curled up in it. Wicked cool! Romans 12:1-2 were the theme verses of the week and the speaker did a great job expositing them piece by piece.

We had a lot of team building activities and a lot crazy competitions-and a few fun times to just play.

We were divided up into 6 teams-each one named after a Transformer. Oh this is hilarious. I was sent up as the team rep to choose which Transformer we were going to be. I've never even seen the movie so I didn't have a clue which to choose-somebody helped me pick one out. And over the course of the week they divided us into Autobots and “Escepticos” (Skeptics? I don't know what they're really called in English) I didn't know which one I was! And here's the real kicker. I got home and was talking things over with Josue and only then did it click –Metamorfosis → being transformed by the renewing of our minds (Rom 12.2) → Transformers. I'd gotten from Point A to Point B, but never would have made it to Point C without Josue's help. I can be such a blonde!!! Jajaja!!

At camp we were on the go pretty much nonstop. We did tons of icebreakers y silly games -jumping up and down and repeating strange syllables while doing ridiculous motions. As a team we got to make up a cheer, create a choreography to part of a song and decorate and protect an egg all week and have it participate in all the activities. We sumo wrestled with giant inner tubes to make us fat (that would be what the picture above is of), played volleyball with a 6ft diameter ball, jousted on the floating trampoline, went through the muddy muddy muddy bad smelling obstacle course, and more. I also got to go on the high ropes course (which I thought would be scary but it was actually a blast!), go flying off the blob, jump from the Tarzan rope into the lake and more.

I think more comments shall come with the photos. Coming soon!

PS. You're probably wondering what that green thing on my face in the picture is. Well, it was Spriti day and we had to dress wacky, so I put everything on backwards-including my goggles! It was so fun!

No comments: