Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tico "Tuesday," April 27th

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Another week has come and gone and there is much work to be done! In 2 months (the end of June) CCI will be sponsoring/going on another missions trip! This time we are headed to Isla Venado (the same place I went to drop off Christmas presents in December). We are collaborating with another church from the US, 1st Baptist of Batesville, Mississippi. The trips is mainly medical missions, with some evangelism as well. There are still many details to be hammered out, so I'm only going to get busier until the time approaches, but please be praying for everything to come together (especially the medicines that need to get through customs). The picture is a lovely vista from the island. Not bad, eh?

God's blessings be with you,

Carrie


Oh yikes. I had every intention of posting again here this weekend, but I didn't get to it. Sorry for being a slacker of a blog-poster. The whole time Brenda was here it was like, “this is so crazy, I can't believe you're here!!!!” but at the same time it felt so natural to have her around!! Part of that may be because I had to pretty much maintain my normal schedule and routine throughout the week-and Brenda adapted very well to wacky life at the Viera house. Oh was it a wild week! 11 people slept in our little house one night. Abuelita's sister and brother-in-law are here visiting and Tía came back from Honduras with Regina. Then Tía went to the US for her son's wedding and Regina is here taking care of Abuelita. And don Jorge and doña Esther were here a couple extra nights too. Talk about nuts! Everything is working out well though. Thanks be to God for 3 bathrooms!!!

I know I raved about Brenda last week too, but the visit wasn't even half over yet. I so much enjoyed getting to talk and share life with her. It means so much to me to have a good friend from the US experience life with me. And it was really great to just talk. There are very few people I can talk to here that I feel like I am on the same level/page as. A lot of my friends are younger than me, and maturity and education level do actually make a bit of a difference. I think part of that is just cultural as well. But it does make me appreciate my good friends here even more! Age differences aren't near as much a big deal as they were when I was in college though. A lot of my friends here are still high school age and in a lot of ways I see them as peers and can relate to them, just not exactly on the same level.

And yeah, I was going to post this last night, but then I ran out of time and then when I got home the internet wasn't working for some ridiculous reason (but I think it was actually the internet and not my dying old compu!). So, there ye have it!

No comments: