Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tico Tuesday, June 22nd

Happy Tuesday after Father's Day!
I trust all you current and future Daddies had a wonderful, special day with those you love! I got to start celebrating Father's Day on Saturday night since I went to church and they had the little kids say sweet things and sing a cute song about being like their Dad when they grow up. It was SO precious my face hurt from smiling so much! As you can see in the picture they all put on a shirt of their Dad's. How cute! I'd never seen it done that way before! And it was hilarious to see the little girls sing about having a mustache like their Daddy's.... Grandpa Smith always said I'd be a man before my mother. Afterwards they handed out chocolate hearts to all the Dads. On actual Father's Day I went for an adventurous bike ride and got home just in time for the Skype appointment with my Daddy. We had a great talk. He's so wonderful! Stories about Father's day lunch and the delicious dessert I made on the blog!
Thanks be to God for being our Father who is ever-present and loves without condition!
Carrie

So the original plan for Father's Day lunch was to eat at 2... Well then I was told 3. I was ok with that though, because in spite of my big bike ride in the morning and not eating that much for breakfast, I wasn't very hungry. So, in my perfect timing I got to the meeting of youth group leaders right as it ended (oops). Well, then I had time to kill before lunch, so I went to accompany my friend Jorge while he had lunch. He and I had a great time and some really good conversation about friendships here and how we have grown. He is such a dear little brother to me!
Well, just as we finished Albeiro messaged me to let me know he was back, so this time the timing really was perfect. But... lunch wasn't ready yet, though I was finally starting to feel hungry, so we hung out and then finally ate at about 5pm. So it was more like a lunch-supper. But that's ok, it was worth it. We had a delicious lasaña!! And I made dessert. Hot Fudge Cake (with the recipe from Yankee Magazine) with whipped cream and strawberries. Yeah, I went all out. It was SO YUMMY!!! Interestingly enough none of the people present at our meal are fathers, but there were a few potential future fathers there, and we knew we could still give thanks for our fathers whether or not they were present. Then we went to church and afterwards I was going to watch the Red Sox game (together but apart from Daddy), but sadly, the cable company did something mean and didn't show the game. That stunk. But, oh well. It was still a great day to remember and love on my Daddy and give thanks to my Heavenly Daddy!

No comments: