Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tico Tuesday, June 8th

Happy happy Tuesday to you all!
Today has been a BUSY day, hence I'm writing to you after work. This weekend we had a meeting about the medical mission trip to Isla Venado (that's in 3 weeks
) and I left with a LOT of work to do! I realized I need to be taking more initiative in these kinds of things and be persistent and communicate more with others. There are a multitude of things to do. I'll delegate as I can, but most of this I'll just need to do myself. And, we have another trip to Mexico de Upala planned for the end of next month too. So I've got back-to-back trips to coordinate.
Thank God they aren't any closer together! The picture is of Pastor Eladio of Isla Venado and his wife, doña Epi (and some people from CCI praying for them in December). You can pray for them as they serve on the island and help prepare for our trip and for me and I have so much to do in the next 7 weeks!
God's peace be with you all!
Carrie

PS I'M FINALLY FINISHED WITH PERSPECTIVES!!! THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!


Yes, yes, YES! Perspectives is done!! It is so amazing to not have that hanging over my head anymore. Never again!! Never again will I take a course online! Distance education is NOT for me! At least, not if I have a full time job! I need class time. Having to go to class and see a prof and have classmates are really wonderful things that really enrich the learning experience! Thankfully I was at least able to listen to a majority of the lectures that accompany each lesson (though that wasn't required). And that was cool. But still not the same as being in class and getting to interact with those around me. Yet, even taking this class online changed my life. I mean it. I don't think about church, Christianity, missions and the world the same way anymore. And I can't urge you enough to find a class near you and take it!

And getting back to what I was saying about Isla Venado. Here's a story. We had a meeting about the trip on Saturday night after the service. I got there just at 8 when we said we'd start because I'd been at home having a really sweet time of prayer and worship with some of the other youth. And I believed that don Rolando was going to be there and lead the meeting. That was sure the impression that I'd gotten when he told me to call the meeting. But, I hadn't ever clarified it with him. And, with him, clarifying is important (though sometimes quite hard to do). Well, he was nowhere to be found. No one had seen him. And he is never late. So, it was up to me to lead this meeting in which I had no idea what to do or say! That was an adventure, I'll tell you! But oh, God was so gracious to me! Everyone that actually made it to the meeting (about half the people who signed up) was very patient and helpful. In most other meetings I've led I've just felt like people have trampled all over me and not respected me. Well, I left the meeting with a looooooooong to do list. And that's why I was so busy today. It was a productive day though, thanks be to God. Though there is still much to be done. I'm still at the point where doing one thing still means I'm basically making more work for myself because there is a whole bunch of follow-up, etc, etc, etc. But, life is good. God is even better, and my Tuesday night activity got cancelled, so I'm happy and thus able to get this out to you!
Oh and the other good news is that today when talking to don Rolando's assistant it seemed like he had actually planned to go to the meeting on Saturday. He just got sick and didn't/wasn't able to communicate that to anyone. That made me feel a little better.
Hopefully more to come soon! Thanks for reading and praying!

No comments: