Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tico Tuesday, December 14th

Tuesday greetings to you all!

This weekend I went on an adventure to mountain paradise! Fabián and I hiked the Barva volcano. It is considered extinct, so it isn't quite as exciting as the 3 more famous ones-Arenal, Poás & Irazú. But, it is closer. The morning was sunny and beautifully clear and the views of the Central Valley got better and better as we gained altitude. We had all day, so we took our time, walking along, talking and taking lots of pictures! We took an hour at a picnic table to read the Bible, pray and worship together. It was great! Then we headed into the cloud forest and wandered amongst the poor man's umbrella's (for a picture head to the blog) until we got to the crater. I'll confess, it doesn't look terribly impressive, but it is still really cool to think about the fact that you're standing in (what used to be) a volcano.

So, it was a great adventure with lots of natural beauty and wonderful views... and really good company!

More pictures and the story of my first time to Volcán Barva on the blog!

Blessings on the rest of your week!

Carrie


My first time to Volcán Barva was almost 4 years ago now, when I was a student here. I remember driving up in a little microbus with the 7 other girls in my program, our program director, and our fun chauffeur who was so cool I decided to adopt him as my tico uncle. We drove right up to the park entrance, so we didn't have very far to hike. I much preferred the walk up from where the bus left us! It was even foggier (cloudier) that day, but there were more cool flowers out. I remember it poured and we ate lunch by the park entrance. That experience definitely doesn't compare with this one! Adventures are always more fun with people you know and feel more comfortable around. I never felt that comfortable with or got that close to any of the other girls in my program. But, boy did God have His purpose for having me in Costa Rica then. If it weren't for that I sure wouldn't be here now!

No comments: