Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tico Tuesday, December 7th

This past Sunday I had a special treat. A whole bunch of fellow LAM missionaries and I got together to sing hymns! I loved it! And I got to meet some really wonderful people! There were hundreds of years of missionary experience in that house we met in!! I felt so honored to be there! And I sang until I almost because hoarse. We stopped just in time and it's a good thing we did, though I still wanted to sing at least 3 more that I really like. We sang a few Christmas carols too. That was nice. Anyway, the view in the picture is actually from the Bible Home and where we had the hymn sing is actually high up and so not only can you look down and see the whole valley, you can also see part of Roblealto's Farm, Bible Home and Camp!!! So cool! Pictures of that should be coming, I hope. I was so taken with the people, hymns and loving the beautiful house we were in and its view that I didn't get to pull my camera out. Oh well.

A few more thoughts on the blog! Blessings on the rest of your week!

Carrie


I think this is the year in which I have listened to less Christmas music. I'm not sure how I feel about that. The Christmas music that I have is all quite old and it makes me really nostalgic. A Mannheim Steamroller album brings me back to our living room in New Jersey and me dancing around with my best friend at the time. A more recent Smitty album takes me back to our living room in Auburn, ME next tot he Christmas tree wrapped up in the blue blanket from Aunt Nancy in Daddy's red leather chair, a cup of hot in hand and the Guidepost Christmas Treasury on my lap. I used to read through the whole book every Christmas season. Yes, Christmas is a nostalgic time, and it's kind of hard, because more than anything I wish it could just go back to the way it was, with all 5 of us together, each of us in our robes and on our bean bags on Christmas morning. I'm a sucker for tradition. But I know, Dan has his family now, Zach has his life, and I'm here in Costa Rica living it up and loving it all. I will get to be with my parents for Christmas this year... for the first time since 2007. Wow. Has my life been an adventure!! I'd tell more but I'm falling asleep. I'll do my best to post again before next Tuesday!

No comments: