Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tico Tuesday, October 18th

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Most of you celebrated Columbus day last Monday. Well, here, for some reason, they passed the day off to yesterday (otherwise I'm pretty sure we would have had a random Wednesday off). So, I was ok with having Monday off instead of Wednesday. Anyway, we currently have 2 girls from Honduras here visiting us, so yesterday was a perfect day to go do some sight-seeing. Well, perfect opportunity. The weather hasn't exactly been what I'd consider perfect for the past 10 days (the sun hasn't dared show itself completely or let the sky bare itself for us all to enjoy the wonders of its beautiful, deep, blueness). Anyway, we went to Zarcero, a place that is very famous for the park located in front of the Catholic church in the center of town. It has all kids of topiaries, including a ton of topiary arches. It is really cool. There are also some lovely flower beds. I saw some cables and wiring, so I'm pretty sure they light the place up at night. I'd love to see that some time! Zarcero is up in the mountains and on the way we passed a ton of little stands that sell fresh, homemade cheeses and a host of other locally made, typical foods and treats. It was a lot of fun. We went to another town on the way home, but I'll save that story for another day. You can find a few pics of Zarcero on the blog. I'll see if more can make their way to facebook sooner or later.
Enjoy the rest of your week, no matter what the weather!
Love,
Carrie


No comments: