Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tico Tuesday, November 8th

Happy Tuesday!
Life has been so insanely full but wonderful I don't know how it is all happening. Anyway, this past Saturday was the national AWANA conference here in Costa Rica. Sadly, only a small percentage of churches and leaders were able to be present, but those of us that were there really enjoyed it. I know I did.
We received workshops of disciplining with love and using the model of virtues to build character and modify behavior (presented by Roblealto's own Child Psychologist from the Bible Home!), learning styles and memorization techniques for helping out kiddos learn their Bible verses. It was neat to have lunch with people from other churches and hear about other AWANA clubs in the country. At my table, we actually had leaders from 4 countries represented. Along with this gringa and the ticas there, we had a girl from Colombia and a lady from Greece. So cool! Anyway, some people traveled quite a ways to be there. It seemed to me like everyone who lives outside the Central Valley made a much greater effort to be there than those who were from places closer by. I was the only leader from the Bible Home that ended up coming, but I plan on sharing what I learned. It was fun to see my fellow LAM missionaries (Costa Rica's national AWANA directors) in action too.
The church sanctuary we met in had some sweet decorations, like this cute balloon girl!
Have a joy-filled rest of the week!
Carrie

No comments: