Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tico Tuesday, November 1st

Happy All Saints Day! And, Happy Birthday Month! (I celebrate all month. It's kind of a joke, but only kind of ;-) )
Anyway, today I'd just like to share a snapshot of the beauty of nature. Isn't that beautiful?
It's not sparkling with dew drops (which would have been even more gorgeous) and it doesn't say anything about a pig (think Charlotte's Web). But even if you don't like spiders it is just a simple, natural, beautiful thing. Don't you think? I thought it was a lovely greeting to me when I got to the office up at the Bible Home last week. Today I was working at the Bible Home again, and it rained, again. But, for some reason the beauty and the wonder of rain just kind of hit me again like refreshing drops on thirsty skin. Water falling from the sky? How can SO much water be up there and defy gravity for so long? I remember learning about the water cycle in 3rd or 4th grade and more in depth in 9th grade. But, as in medicine and many other scientific fields, just because we know how it works doesn't mean we can't be in awe of it anymore. Perhaps we should be even more in awe! Who but God would think of this? Makes me think of a Psalm I read this morning. It talks about the rain, God's worthiness and praising Him.
Beautiful! Glory to God!
This week, may we all stop to ponder and wonder at God's marvelous creation for it truly proclaims His majesty!
With love and joy,
Carrie

I was really grateful for the spider web and the reminder of how fascinating rain and the water cycle is. I think it is important for me to remain in awe of God and His creation without going to my beloved Grand Teton National Park. It's amazing to be in places that just seem to be blaring God's glory fortissimo, but it's neat to tune in to the things that are more subtle and piano. God is the composer of the great symphony of creation and sometimes the very contrasts just make it that much more amazing. I LOVE IT!! Praise the Lord!

No comments: