Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tico Tuesday, July 10th

Happy Tuesday!
I'm writing to you from my new apartment in San José de la Montaña! This is what it looked like on move-in day. I will soon have pictures of what it looks like when it's all unpacked, but I'm still wondering what that's going to look like myself, so we're gonna have to wait on that. ;-) I used to say I would never dare to live by myself and that I would surely be miserable. Say I'm in the honeymoon stage if you like, but I am actually enjoying having a space all to myself, especially after sleeping in 17 beds over the course of my time in the States and having at least technically shared a room for the past approximately 8 years of my life. Is it/will it be lonely? Sometimes I'm sure it will be. But I share a wall with my landlords and there is plenty of singing and noise to let me know I'm not isolated. And it's really fun having my own kitchen and just knowing I have my own, cozy little getaway. I thank God for his provision for me here, and I encourage you to consider joining God in that work. Moving and obtaining furniture, appliances and the works have their costs, but you can serve as God's tangible means of provision and grace. I appreciate your prayers as I continue to settle in to life here and juggle unpacking, studying, work, and other fun things like finally getting my car fixed after the bus hit it 11 months ago and getting Migration to renew my residency.
Thanks!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: