Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tico Tuesday, August 7th

Happy Tuesday! I'm surfacing from the depths of my Research & Writing paper and New Testament studies just briefly here. The summer semester is coming to an end, and I have a ton of work left to do in the next 2.5 weeks. I covet your prayers!
As I mentioned in my Chronicle, AWANA started up again this past Sunday. I think it went really well, considering we had 20 new children with us. There is nothing like singing praises to God with these kids. It is truly a foretaste of heaven. I enjoyed standing near some of the new kids and encouraging them to do the motions. Game time didn't go so well. Our Yellow team came in last... this time. Our new kids are still catching on. But as always, we had lots of fun! In manual time, we had a welcome (back) party with hot dogs and ice cream. I can't wait to start working with my kids on learning and understanding God's Word. Thanks for praying for me to establish good relationships with them. I feel like I was able to connect well with both, but especially the girl, C. She's the one who simultaneously humbled my heart and made it soar when she told her parents and relatives Sunday afternoon (when they came during visiting hours) that I'm her best friend. Please continue to pray for the children and for me.
Thank you and God bless you!
Carrie

No comments: