Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tico Tuesday, August 28th

The Calm Before The Storm
Last week I enjoyed having some spare time since I was in between semesters. My NT test was hard, but everything turned out ok. I was even able to submit my final paper for my Research and Writing course a day before I thought I'd be able to! So, Saturday I hung out with a friend and then watched my favorite movie of all time (one of Fred and Ginger's more obscure movies called "Carefree"). Sunday morning I ran a race for the 1st time this year. Then in the evening I went to a fun Gospel concert with some friends. Afterwards, we went out to eat. I know a number of you have already spotted this picture on facebook, but I wanted to share it with the rest of you too. I had a really great time! (And I LOVE those chocolate cookies!)
And then, it came. My stomach started churning, and by the time I got home... I'll spare you the details. Thankfully my stomach bug only lasted 24 hours. And I'm very grateful to God for that, since I started my Theology 1 course today. Over the next 8 weeks I get to read some 2000 pages, write three 6-8 page papers and complete a number of other assignments along the way. It's intense, and though I was hoping to practice some speed-reading, I'm afraid the subject matter won't be very conducive to that. So, I appreciate your prayers in divine speed-reading, or time being stretched out so I can be able to do it all. With God all things are possible!
Thanks!
Blessings on you and your tasks for the week!
Carrie

No comments: