Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tico Tuesday, December 19th

Happy Wednesday! Sorry for the delay, but the internet was down last night. (And as a heads up, with holidays falling on the next couple Tuesdays, Tico Tuesday will be coming out on Wednesday for the next 2 weeks.)
Friday was a roller coaster of a day. In the morning when I got to work, I ran into one of our house helpers. She was crying because her daughter had just miscarried at 7 months. My heart broke for her and her family and I was practically in tears as I prayed with her and hugged her.
The highlight of the day was attending the K and 6th grade graduation. I swelled with pride to see so many young people walk across the stage to receive their diplomas and delighted in watching my friend Fausía (the kindergarten teacher) congratulate her students with such love and enthusiasm.
Then, I came home to find my facebook full of comments about the atrocities committed that morning in Connecticut. Over 20 parents lost their babies on Friday. It could have been those kindergarteners who crossed the stage at the Bible Home. It could have been my friend Fau. This world is a dark, frightening place, but I thank Jesus, the Light of the World, for coming and giving us his light and life, that we may share his love and light with others. He brought us hope. This is the message I share with ever-growing conviction as I serve children and their families that come from very dark “hopeless” situations. Jesus is the Light, he is our only hope. He is the way, the truth and the life. He works in ways we don't understand, and he has the amazing capability of bringing good out of even the most dark, horrendous situations. Please join me in praying for all those who are suffering the loss of a loved one as a result of the Sandy Hook shooting, not just today or this week, but for months and years to come.
Thank you!
Love,
Carrie

This just in! I now only need 8 more supporters at $50/month and 3 more at $25/month in order to be at full support. Will you help make it possible for me to continue sharing Jesus' light and love with children and families in need?

No comments: