Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tico Tuesday, December 4th

Was last Tuesday really only last week?
It's getting to be that time of the year when all of a sudden we are overwhelmed by special activities, concerts, parties, dinners, etc. Those of us who are students fight to finish the semester well and still keep our heart in our work though a thousand more things than usual are clamoring for our attention. I'll confess, I'm having a bit of a hard time with that and would really appreciate your prayers, not only for a good end to the semester, but also just for careful time management in general with everything that is going on and needs to be accomplished between now and December 22 when I fly to the States. I've been burning the candle at both ends and fear I am at high risk for getting the relentless flu/cold thing that a number of our children and house moms have caught.
But in the midst of the madness, we have to stop. The activities are fine and good, but let us not forget what this Advent season is all about - celebrating Jesus' coming. It's about him. And so, Sunday afternoon my friend Sarah came over and helped me decorate my apartment - putting up the tree, setting out the nativity Daddy made, and making a beautiful Advent wreath! We had a lot of fun, but I think the most special moment was lighting the first Advent candle, reading Scripture and the Advent devotional for Gordon-Conwell, and praying together. No matter how long I make these December days, I'll be lighting my Advent wreath and stopping to focus on the One whom I worship and celebrate, not only in Advent, but every day of the year. Care to join me? (If you aren't familiar with Advent, I highly recommend looking into it. It is celebrated in both Catholic and Protestant circles.)
Time to go light my wreath for a few minutes before heading to bed!
With love,
Carrie

PS I'm still praying for 10 more people at $50/month. Please join me in praying for these 10 people to commit by the end of the year! Thank you for your prayers and support!

No comments: