Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tico Tuesday, January 2nd

Happy New Year from Costa Rica!
I was able to be with my parents for a few days over Christmas, and as I savored every rich moment with them, my mind couldn't help but wander towards the Bible Home and the different homes that are represented there. The homes where the children at the Bible Home come from aren't nice homes. The houses are generally in poor condition and located in dangerous neighborhoods. Many families don't have enough money for Christmas decorations or presents. Many didn't even have the funds to have enough food to get their family through this vacation until the children go back to the Bible Home. Thanks to the gifts of Roblealto's employees and their friends, family members and acquaintances, we are able to make about 100 food baskets a year to give to our poorest families so they can have enough food to make it through the holidays. As I continue to serve in Roblealto, I am reminded over and over again of how blessed I am. I am so grateful for all that I have, and am constantly being motivated to do everything I can to help these children and families experience not only some material blessings, but the richness and greatness of God's love.
Thank you for helping keep me here serving others and showing them God's love!
May God bless you and your family and make you rich with his love all throughout this year,
Carrie

No comments: