Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tico Tuesday, November 27th

Happy post-turkey Tuesday!
I don't know about you, but I'm still enjoying lots of succulent turkey! What a fun Thanksgiving I had! Well, the morning was pretty nostalgic and every little sweet thing during the Macy's parade and its ads kept making me cry and miss those happy childhood Thanksgivings with my whole family together. But after talking with my parents briefly, I headed over to the Jardin house at the Bible Home. Mr. Turkey hadn't thawed very much, so dinnertime got pushed way back, but we managed to keep the kids well distracted. And thankfully, they didn't have school the next day, so we took our time eating, sharing the history of Thanksgiving, reading Psalm 100, giving thanks for something from each letter of the alphabet, playing the Thanksgiving word scramble, and making our turkey of gratitude (behind us in the picture). What a joy and blessing it was to share with my friend Ivannia (the house mom) and the children! I'm so thankful that I had special people to share the special day with, and I'm thankful for the special people like you that help keep me here on the mission field.
Some of you have started to respond to my most recent letter mentioning my need for an increase in support. Thank you so much! I don't have any way of knowing immediately though if your gift is a special donation or a recurring commitment. Could you please drop me a note to let me know? That will help me know how close (or far) I am to my goal of 12 people at $50/month. Also, I'd love for you to join me in asking God for the 12 people to commit by the end of the year!
All I can say is thank you. I have done nothing special to be here, I have done nothing to "deserve" it. But I can't tell you how much I love to hang out with the children and house moms! I'm here to minister to them, but they sure minister to me too!
Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement and support!
With love and gratitude,
Carrie

No comments: